Group Tour Logistics
The Center is not a typical dusty-rusty ol’ venue. Our goal is to give your group a fantastic experience they will remember for a lifetime. Whether you are a kid, or a kid at heart, we have plenty of buttons to push and drawers to open. You can mount up and swing a rope at Hollywood the Steer. Our especially sassy chuckwagon is guaranteed to make you smile or grimace.
We are more than fun; our facility offers a superior art gallery, interpretive and interactive exhibits, and history of the Chisholm Trail and the southern plains in context of post-civil war America. This unique history speaks to the building blocks of our country – entrepreneurship, can-do spirit, capitalism, and good old fashioned hard work.
- Groups from 2-200 can be accommodated inside the Center at using our trained staff and a rotation system. Groups of several thousand can be accommodated on our grounds.
- Single groups (groups that are kept together) are generally about 30 people due to the seating in the Campfire Theater.
- The Experience Theater has a capacity of 55 “Experience” seats with an ability to seat up to 70 with standard chairs. Groups larger than about 30 will be separated into smaller groups.
- Corporate events of several thousand people have utilized the Chisholm Trail Heritage Center’s property.
- Utilizing the entire facility, we have hosted sit down meals for up to 600. This does require at least 30 days notice.
- Space is available for meetings and meals at the Center pending other booked obligations during your visit.. See our facility page for details.
- For groups smaller than 20 people, general admission prices apply. Groups of 20-75 persons are $5.00 per person and groups of over 76 persons are $4.00.
- Special rates apply to educational students (school visits), homeschool groups, daycares and groups like Girl Scouts. Title 1 schools are free. Please see our education section for more details on booking a trip for children.
- We believe in the contribution of our military and their families. The Center is a Blue Star Museum which has free admission for active duty military and their immediate families from Labor Day to Memorial Day.
- The State of Oklahoma collects sales tax on the purchase of entertainment tickets. Please be aware that tax will be charged. If your group is tax exempt, you must provide your tax exemption certificate at the time of booking.
Booking Time Frame
- The CTHC prefers ten days notice prior to your arrival for groups more than 20 people. This ensures that your visit is staffed properly and any needs you may have can be met successfully.
- If you can not give ten days notice, we likely can accommodate your group. Please call with details to give us as much “head’s up!” as possible.
Visit Time Frame
- The minimum time for a visit is 45 minutes which would include the Experience Theater, Campfire Theater, and brief overview of the history of the Trail.
- Most guests enjoy about 1.5 – 2 hours at the Center. This is a leisurely look with guided tour of the Garis Gallery of the American West, Experience Theater, Campfire Theater, Interactive Area, Temporary Exhibit Area(s), Romancing the Trail Music & Film Exhibit, On the Chisholm Trail Monument and some time for actual independent exploration of the exhibits.
- Both adults and children can add a creative hands-on project to the visit which takes about 30 minutes.
- The CTHC makes every effort to make our guests comfortable. The facility is accessible for most people and we are happy to meet your group’s special needs. The Center offers wheelchairs at no charge. The Center has ramps and strives to be compliant for those that are mobility challenged.
- Non-English speaking tours are available with notice at the time of booking.
- Sign Language interpretation is available with notice at the time of booking.
- The Center strives to create an inclusive atmosphere for all of our guests. Please inquire if you have special needs or visit our accessibility section.
Special Adders (Please call for pricing.)
- A 30 minute creativity project allows guests to construct a hands-on art project. These sessions rotate quarterly.
- Duncan has many interesting attractions that can be combined with your visit to the Center.
- Weather permitting, a visit to the Addington Monument is the perfect addition to your Chisholm Trail vacation. A trained instructor will accompany the group in the 50 minute round trip drive to this lovely viewing point just north of the Red River.
- Live music can be added to your tour.
- Non-English and ASL interpreters are available with prior notice.
- We are open to ideas! What would your group like to experience?
To book, please contact Executive Director, Stacy Cramer Moore at (580) 252-6692 or firstname.lastname@example.org.