National Day of the Cowboy 2020
Chisholm Trail Heritage Center annual National Day of the Cowboy celebration
DUNCAN, Okla. – Chisholm Trail Heritage Center in Duncan, has indoor and outdoor activities planned for this year’s free admission National Day of the Cowboy celebration, Saturday, July 25.
This Year’s Schedule includes –
- Oklahoma children’s author, Una Belle Townsend, will be reading to children from 11:30 and 1:30. She will have copies of her books available to purchase and autograph.
- Cutest Cowpoke contest winners will be announced at 1:00 p.m. For more information about how to enter the contest, visit our Facebook Contest.
- Live music, is always a popular part of the day’s festivities, will again feature Allen Wooten, Gaylon Blankenship, and Dedra Frye – The Cowboy Opry Band.
- A children’s art project will also be available, made possible with funding from the Oklahoma Arts Council. The art projects will be outside under the portico.
- Snow cones may be purchased from the snow cone truck that will be here.
- “The Long Hard Ride: A Commemoration of the Chisholm Trail” is the most recent creation of leather artist, Jim Weaver from Edmond, Oklahoma. Weaver is known for telling a story of history, and how humans are dependent upon the earth. His work will be on display with leather art and relief prints available for purchase.
The event is a little shorter this year to accommodate COVID19 recommendations. We will practice social distancing during the event, limiting the number of people in the building and we ask that all guests wear masks.
All activities are available from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and are designed so that no matter what time guests choose to attend, they will be able to enjoy everything planned. The entire day of activities is for family and fun – no matter your age. Visitors can experience the 4D theater, Campfire Theater, the Garis Gallery of the West, and all exhibits and activities on this free admission day.
National Day of the Cowboy at the Chisholm Trail Heritage Center is Funded by the Oklahoma Arts Council.
Chisholm Trail Heritage Center’s new hours are Tuesday – Saturday 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Located at 1000 Chisholm Trail Parkway in Duncan. Call 580-252-6692 for information. Chisholm Trail Heritage Center Association is a 501c3 non-profit.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.